Marilyn Monroe was one of the major iconic actresses during Hollywood’s Golden age and also a model and a singer. Monroe is widely revered even today.
Born on 1st June 1926, Monroe would have turned 93 this year. Despite her sudden demise at a very young age of 36 in 1962, Monroe had already accomplished a huge success in her career. She was already a star known world over and people still continue to be amazed by her undeniable charm.
According to sources, Marilyn was also known for being an active advocate for civil rights and for her generosities.
Lady Ella (Ella Fitzgerald), the queen of Jazz once said how she owes a debt to Marilyn Monroe for making that famous call to the owner of the then-popular Jazz club in Hollywood, Mocambo, telling him to book Fitzgerald immediately. Lady Ella, then, was not allowed to play at the club because of her race. Monroe, who believed in equality and also proclaimed to be a huge fan of Lady Ella, helped out her friend. In return, true to her word given to the owner of Mocambo, Monroe would then take the front table at the club every night, drawing a huge amount of press to the club.
Besides, Monroe was also a brilliant actress and dedicated to her work despite everything she was going through in her glamour and personal life entangled. Her quotes, filled with her wits and charm only displays Monroe’s integrity, what a wonderful person she was and how she was more than just a “blonde bombshell”.
Here are the 10 best quotes by Marilyn Monroe:
- “Always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don’t, then who will, sweetie”
- “So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life’s a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.”
- “She was a girl who knew how to be happy even when she was sad. And that’s important—you know ”
- “I don’t want to make money; I just want to be wonderful.”
- “I don’t mind being burdened with being glamorous and sexual. Beauty and femininity are ageless and can’t be contrived, and glamour, although the manufacturers won’t like this, cannot be manufactured. Not real glamour; it’s based on femininity.”
- “Always remember to smile and look up at what you got in life.”
- “Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.”
- “Just because you fail once doesn’t mean you’re gonna fail at everything.”
- “We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets.”
- “I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they’re right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”