1. Often it’s the sisters who show lots of love and say and send messages of love to her brothers. So at times, you do it for her, tell her how much you love her and how much your sister being in your life means to you. She will be the happiest.
2. There might be times when your sister will be looked down upon, just because she is a girl or a woman. That time, instead of joining the fool’s team, side with your sister and make her realize that you are there for her, no matter who says what. When a brother stands with his sister during such times and other difficult times, for her it’s like she has the force of universe protecting her.
3. When you will hand out the remote control of the T.V. to your sister on the days when it’s your turn to keep it, trust me she will be so touched by this generous act as if you have brought a star for her. She may show it or may not show how much it means to her.
4. Do you love it when your sister cooks your favorites on occasions and sometimes even on regular days? You could do the same for her at times and it will mean a lot to her.
Also to some guys, get yourself out from the misogynistic world where only women or girls are supposed to cook and sweep while you are lazing like a pig. It will be hell of a lot cooler if you do something out of the box for your sister by cooking her favorite food too (or even help with the household chores) just like she helps/helped you with your homework, career choices, life. The recipes are all out there in the internet. If you have already done that for your sister, then thumbs up for you.
5. This may not be for all but some guys tend to be downright disrespectful towards women outside and see them as an inferior, although these boys/men might be a good son or brother at home or again may not be. For those, I’m sure your sister hates that side of you and your ugly mindset.
For the sake of your friendship and sibling bond with your sister, please change your thinking and have courtesy to learn about gender equality and equity. Being a good human will always be one of the greatest gifts you could give to your sister.
6. To your sister, you are her hero, her first child, her knight in the shining armor and her first ever best friend. You may not ever be perfect but your sister’s love is unconditional. So, be there for her too during her difficult days as well as during her happiest days. Make her be assured that you won’t let her down.