Tina Fey was born on May 18th, 1970. The successful American actress who is also an acclaimed writer, comedian and producer has received many accolades including three Golden Globe Awards and seven Writers Guild of America Awards. She is also the youngest ever to be awarded the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor.
Fey is hugely loved and hasn’t stopped charming her fans all over with her great sense of humour, intelligence and how she’s extremely talented with being headstrong and confident.
There are so many reasons we adore her and can’t stop at doing that but to keep it short, here are the 10 reasons why we completely adore Tina Fey (A.K.A. Elizabeth Stamatina Fey):
- She made history by becoming ‘Saturday Night Live’ show’s first female head writer, thus inspiring women.
- She connects with the huge fandom of Star Wars movies since Frey herself is a huge fan of the movies.
She is even known to often use references to the movies in her writings and roles.
- She taught us how not to waste our energy trying to change opinions and to continue doing ‘our thing’ without caring if they like it or not. She just didn’t say it but she has proven it herself time and again by walking the talk. Fey is, of course, loved for her ‘I don’t give a fuck’ outlook.
4. She gave us ‘Mean Girls’.
Tina Frey is the screenwriter of one of the most loved teen movies of the 2000s Mean Girls in which she co-starred. The movie which is based on Rosalind Wiseman’s book ‘Queen Bees and Wannabes’ is stated to be “funnier and more smartly written than the average teen comedy” by the Rotten Tomatoes.
5. Fey and Amy Poehler give major BFF goals. The two best friends are not only making a lively and great on-screen cameo but their friendship in real life is much admired. Fey and Poehler have been friends for more than two decades now according to reports and they continue to show support for each other both in their personal lives careers.
6. And Fey said it, “The Internet is not a force you have to Obey!”
In an interview with the Advocate, while speaking about her Netflix streaming series Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Fey talked about how she doesn’t worry about what the internet says. She said to the Advocate, “Getting in trouble with the Internet is not real. The Internet is not a force you have to obey.”
7. Fey is the pro multitasker.
She created her critically acclaimed show 30 Rock. She is the producer plus writer plus the star in the show. Then the latest Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. She wrote her own autobiographical comedy book which turned out to be on the top of The New York Times Best Seller list. Hosted awards, was a head writer, successful comedian… The list could go on.
8. She is the epitome of ‘Beauty with the Brains’.
9. And Fey is unstoppable and she knows it.