10 Quotes on Dreadful Human Trafficking;
Reminders why Governments and people should immediately act now to prevent this heinous crime
One of the ugliest crime which is, unfortunately, continuing to this day, Human trafficking exploits women, children and men for many purposes including forced labor and sex. Reportedly, women and children are mostly victims of human trafficking.
Human trafficking is also defined as the “trade of humans” for the purpose of forced labor, slavery, servitude or the removal, manipulation or implantation of organs, sexual slavery or commercial sexual exploitation for the trafficker or others. This inhuman act is known to be carried on by traffickers by means of coercion, threat or manipulation, use of force, of abduction, of fraud, of deception.
According to UN, every country in the world is affected by human trafficking, whether as a country of origin, transit, or destination for victims. The UN urges the governments and people to act now to immediately eliminate and prevent this heinous crime.
We all should thus always remember that this crisis is not based in particular countries but its spread all over the world. It could happen to anyone of us. Hence, all the governments around the world and we all should try to eliminate this humanity crisis together rather than blaming and pinpointing.
Here are the 10 quotes on dreadful human trafficking to remind us all how dangerous it is and we all together should act now to prevent and eliminate this heinous crime:
1. “Human trafficking is a globally assisted pandemic that generates billions of dollars of income a year.”
– Gillian Anderson
2. “Millions of our fellow human beings continue to live as contemporary slaves, victims of abominable practices like human trafficking, forced labour and sexual exploitation. Countless children are forced to become soldiers, work in sweat shops or are sold by desperate families. Women are brutalized and traded like commodities. Entire households and villages labour under debt bondage.”
– Ban Ki-Moon
3. “Human trafficking is a human tragedy. It’s an outrage against any decent people.”
– Mark Shields
4. “Some girls cannot go to school because of the child labor and child trafficking. “
– Malala Yousafzai
5. “It ought to concern every person, because it is a debasement of our common humanity. It ought to concern every community, because it tears at our social fabric. It ought to concern every business, because it distorts markets. It ought to concern every nation, because it endangers public health and fuels violence and organized crime. I’m talking about the injustice, the outrage, of human trafficking, which must be called by its true name – modern slavery.”
– Barack Obama
6. “Rape is a vicious thing.It’s not gentle or considerate.To the recipient it’s violent & painful.”
– Gladys Lawson
7. “If we truly want to have world peace, we have to end human trafficking.”
– Jason Mraz
8. “Slavery is theft — theft of a life, theft of work, theft of any property or produce, theft even of the children a slave might have borne.”
– Kevin Bales
9. When I got the women’s marathon into the Olympics and we had races all over the world I thought, ‘That’s great, now we’re heading towards total equality.’ Then you see that there are women who are still not allowed to drive, get an education, or travel unless they have a male companion or can’t carry their passport. There are those who are mired with incredible poverty in North Africa, the mid-east, South East Asia and there’s a ridiculous amount of human trafficking.
– Kathrine Switzer
10. “Human trafficking is a scourge, a crime against the whole of humanity. It is time to join forces and work together to free its victims and to eradicate this crime that affects all of us, from individual families to the worldwide community.”
– Pope Francis